Illinois state flag
The Illinois flag, adopted in 1969, consists of a white field with the state’s seal in the center. This seal features a bald eagle, a shield, a rock, and a banner in the bird’s beak with the state’s motto, “Union, National, Sovereignty, State.” Under the state seal is the state’s name, “ILLINOIS.”
All of our flags at Star Spangled Flags are 100% made in the USA from start to finish! We use a tough, nylon fabric to hold up outdoors, extra stitching on the fly end of the flag, and a special UV coating to prevent fading from the sun.
Illinois flag, Made in USA
The State of Illinois is known by many nicknames, but the official slogan in “The Land of Lincoln.” Lincoln was born in Kentucky but started his political career in the state of Illinois. Another popular nickname given to Illinois is “The Prairie State” due to its abundance of prairie grasses. According to history records, the nickname dates back as far back as 1842. During those times the state was covered in prairies. Every month of September a week is designated to pay homage to the native prairies.
Illinois is located in the Midwestern region of the country and bordered by the Indiana on its north south line, Wisconsin on its north, Lake Michigan on its northeast, and Iowa and Missouri on its west.
It’s the fifth most populous state in the country so it’s not surprising to it’s O’hare International Airport is one of the world’s busiest airports. It’s famous for The Blues Brothers, The Bulls (especially during the 90s), Chicago (The Windy City), The Sears Tower, Al Capone and President Abraham Lincoln. More Illinois Flag questions are .
Many “firsts” happened in Illinois:
- Illinois is the birth place of a popular American snack – Twinkies!
- The State of Illinois was the first to abolish slavery through ratification of the 13th amendment.
- “Jazz” was coined in Chicago in 1914.
- The City of Lights, Aurora, was the first to use electric street lighting.
- The creator of the famous cartoon, Popeye the Sailor, Elzie Crisler Segar, was born in this state.
The state’s rich history and culture make it easy to fall in love with this state. And it shows in the state’s colorful events and celebrations. Some of the famous events include:
- Chicago Chinese New Year Parade – January
- Chicago Underground Film Festival – March
- Chicago St. Patrick’s Day Parade – March
- Chicago Gay Pride Parade – June
- Taste of Chicago – July
- Lollapalooza – August
- Chicago Air & Water Show – August
- Chicago Jazz Festival – late August to early September
- Chicago Marathon – October Chicago International Film Festival – October
- Magnificent Mile Lights Festival – November
- Aquatic Experience – November
If you’re a proud citizen of Illinois and want to show your support to your city and country during national holidays and state celebrations then fly a flag in your home. The American flag symbolizes love and respect for our nation and flying one in your home has more impact than you think.
Do you own a flag or are you looking for one? Not satisfied with the last flag you bought? Reach out to us! Our flags are the best you’ll find online. Our flags are made from high quality materials and is Proudly US Made! An authentication tag is carefully sewn into the label so show that all materials and construction are made in American soil.
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q1204,https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q752837,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_and_seal_of_Illinois : IL-FLAG-3×5 : 820103253119