Delaware was the first state in the Union, hence its very appropriate nickname, “The First State.” But it’s not the only nickname given to this state. Other popular nicknames include The Small Wonder, Blue Hen State (the state’s official state bird), and The Diamond State (nickname given by Thomas Jefferson).
Delaware is located in the northeastern region of the country, bordered by Pennsylvania to its north, Maryland to its west and south. The name Delaware was taken from its first governor Thomas West 3rd Baron De La Warr.
Just like any other states, Delaware also has its own share of weird laws:
- Section 198-30 It is illegal to pretend to sleep on the boardwalk or bench.
- Section 134-13 No alcohol may be served on nightclubs if there is dancing, “no matter when the dancing is occurring.”
- Section 906 No horse racing shall take place on Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
- Section 1506 It is illegal to marry on a jest o dare.
- Section 198-15 It is illegal to change into or out of a bathing suit in a public restroom
But there is also a lot of good stuff happening in Delaware.
- Delaware is a shopaholics dream because it’s one of the five states not implementing sales tax.
- The biggest Lego tower soaring 11 stories high can be found in Wilmington Delaware.
- The Clifford Brown Jazz Festival is one of the biggest jazz festivals in the country.
- Delaware has the most LGBT friendly beach, the Rehoboth Beach.
- And Delaware is known for having the country’s highest percentage of Ph. D’s.
If you’re Delawarean and a proud citizen of this state and country, then show it. There are many ways to show how you love your state and country and one of them is by flying our national symbol during national holidays and other special occasions. More Delaware Flag questions are .
Here are the best times to fly a flag for your country.
- New Year’s Day – January
- Martin Luther King Day – January
- President’s Day – February
- Good Friday – April
- Memorial Day – May
- Independence Day – July
- Labor Day – September
- Columbus Day – October
- Veteran’s Day – November ? Thanksgiving Day and Day after Thanksgiving – November
- Christmas Day – December
Other Special Delaware Celebrations
- World Championship Punkin Chunkin – November
- St Anthony’s Italian Festival – June
- Delaware State Fair – July
- Rehoboth Beach Sandcastle Contest – August
- Rehoboth Beach Jazz Festival – October
Looking for the best flag to fly during these great occasions? Want to show love and respect for your beloved country? Reach out to us! Our flags are the best you’ll find online and on the market. You’ll never go wrong with our all-weather, proudly US MADE flags. It’s not only beautiful, but hard working too.
Fashioned from heavyweight 200 Denier Nylon and treated to withstand Delaware’s continental and humid-subtropical climate. Our American state flags are designed to last. It also comes in a pretty box, which makes it a perfect gift for friends and family. Contact us today!
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q1393,https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q752566,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Delaware : DE-FLAG-3×5 : 820103253125 : https://d1atnax1kj6atg.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/delaware-flags.jpg